In this lesson, I learned a lot about how telling stories can really grab people’s attention and help them remember things better. After reading an article called “7 Storytelling Techniques Used by the Most Inspiring TED Presenters” by Nayomi Chibana, I was really struck by how Dananjaya Hettiarachchi did his talk. Right from the start, he knew how to pull the audience in. What made him stand out was how he used really clear and exciting conversations in his talk, making it feel like a suspenseful story with a bit of mystery.

One of the coolest parts of his presentation was when he tore up a flower. Before he did that, he had made the flower seem really beautiful. But when he ripped it up, it was like he was showing us that beauty can be broken, which was a powerful moment.

He also shared a story that was very personal, which made it super relatable for everyone listening. This is a smart move because it makes people pay attention right away.

Thinking about his talk, I believe Dananjaya used some really smart storytelling tricks, and I want to mention a few that I think were really good:

• Share personal stories: Telling your own story helps connect with the audience on a personal level.
  • Build suspense: Keeping people guessing what’s next keeps them hooked.
  • Show, don’t just tell: Doing something surprising, like tearing a flower, makes your point stronger.
  • Use humor: Making people laugh is a great way to keep them interested and listening.

Dananjaya Hettiarachchi really showed how powerful storytelling can be. It’s not just about sharing information; it’s about making people feel something and remember your message. He shows that if you tell stories well, you can really make an impact and stick in people’s minds.

Twine

I’ve finished creating a mysterious and exciting story using Twine. I managed to use storytelling techniques to build a world filled with suspense, drawing readers in and making them eager to see what happens. By using descriptive and engaging language, I’ve crafted detailed scenes that make readers feel like they’re right in the middle of the action, fully involved in the story from start to finish.

I will also provide a link down here for testing: file:///Users/yifanzhu/Documents/Twine/Scratch/test-f4df5fd9-7896-4710-8e2a-65cccd03d561.html.